Tuesday, January 5, 2010

What do you call a doctor who is last in his class in medschool?

Someone once asked, "what do you a call a doctor who was last in his class in medschool?" The answer of course is, "still a doctor."

No one wants to be THAT doctor, the one who just barely passes. But sometimes when you've worked really hard and are right on the edge of passing, you'd rather pass and get it over with than fail and have to re-take a class.

0.05% is the difference for me. My last final I failed by that much. there's a chance my professor will take pity on me and round up, but you never know for sure. The question I'm stuck with is, do I WANT him to round up? Failing by that much still means I failed. Could that make the difference between someone's life or death someday? If so I'd rather fail and re-take the class. And yet, does someone who got 0.05% more than me really know that much more than me? Do they deserve to pass?

I guess in the end it's kind of arbitrary.

No comments:

Post a Comment