Thursday, September 30, 2010

the trouble with blue eyes is....

The trouble with blue eyes is the amount of attention you get in a predominantly brown-eyed country. Seriously. I've had flattering comments for sure, or the occasional too-familiar-stare. The most bizarre comment was a stunned, "Oh, your eye-color is natural, isn't it?"

Yesterday I again went to visit our hospital with a classmate. This time there was actual work taking place. Some people were setting up offices, others computers. The majority of the place was still empty or in disarray, but there is still hope to actually starting.

So I went to the hospital and my blue eyes apparently attracted attention again. The security guard stares long and hard at me, "This must be your first time here" (because I guess he would have remembered me if he had seen me before?).

Once Nev (the classmate who was with me) and I passed him I asked her if it was just my imagination or was he a little to eager? She agreed, he was weird.


Blah. This is a great start to the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment