Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Un-becoming.

It's funny reading back through old posts and seeing how you've changed. Not that I have many posts to read through... but still interesting! 

The one that caught my attention was the "a little too acclimated" one. I've actually been thinking about that type of thing a lot lately. As I study for board exams I look back at the person I became last year as an intern in the hospital... and I really don't like it. The mentality that one should try to get out of doing as much work as possible, that you always blame "the other guy," that something you're doing is always wrong. Though I didn't realize it at the time, I really became bitter last year.

Maybe it had to do with being in an atmosphere where the Lord really wasn't. Maybe it was because 24-7 you're thinking about the hospital and you're so tired you just can't make any extra effort anymore. 

Whatever the reason, I have to admit I've had such a nice breath of fresh air the past 6 months. Getting married, being around other people who share my faith, baking and cooking and learning to be a homemaker... I prefer it so much I'm not sure I want to go back! 

Not sure what comes next... I must take the boards though I don't know where that will lead, or if I'll even want to continue once I pass. One thing's for sure though: I do NOT want to be that person I was at the end of last year. I guess I've just got to keep filling myself up with Godly attributes and influences to balance it all out. 

Lord give me grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment